San Mateo Disability Denials Lawyer
Skilled Disability Denials Attorneys In San Mateo, CA
Employees who are unable to function and get disabled are provided with a vital safety net in the form of disability. All workers in San Mateo have taxes deducted from their paychecks to help support the California disability insurance program. These benefits apply when an employee is out of work for at least eight days and offer income if they are unable to return to work.
To be eligible for benefits, you must submit a valid application, as in all benefit programs. A correctly formatted application and a doctor’s certification are required for a disability insurance application. If you don’t fill out any of these forms, your claim can be rejected.
If your application for disability insurance is rejected, a San Mateo disability denials lawyer at Pillsbury & Coleman, LLP, will help you.
Why Disability Benefits Are Denied?
A disability claim can be denied in California for a variety of reasons. Suspected fraud is a common cause. A claim could be rejected if the state feels the claimant misstated their condition on their application or did not pursue sufficient medical care to recover.
Individuals who are unable to function due to medical problems are eligible for Social Security disability benefits. Because of the stringent medical and professional eligibility requirements, the vast majority of initial benefits applications are denied, mostly due to the applicant’s mistakes.
A person’s chances of being approved are much better when they hire a disability denial attorney in California. This is because a disability claims lawyer is well-versed in the laws regulating disability benefits.
Common Reasons Of Denials
The applicant’s lack of adequate work credits is a likely reason for claim denials. However, claims are often rejected due to common errors made by applicants. There are some of them:
- Working while submitting a disability claim — While you are allowed to work while filing a disability claim, doing so can reduce the likelihood of your claim being accepted. To receive benefits, you must demonstrate that you are unable to perform a substantial gainful activity (SGA). SGA is determined by the Social Security Administration (SSA) using a monthly salary threshold of $1,220. If you work and your earnings exceed this amount, you will face denial of your claim.
- Filing for disability benefits too soon — Because your medical injury may have lasted or be intended to last at least 12 months, applying for benefits too soon will make it difficult to prove that you have a permanent disability. You can also obtain claim denials if the disability examiner decides that the medical condition may change. This is why you can only apply for disability benefits if you have strong medical proof that your disability will last at least a year.
- Failure to provide adequate medical proof — A disability benefits application must be supported by medical evidence, which includes an examination history, a diagnosis/prognosis of the condition, the outcomes of any operations, prescription drugs, recovery, and therapy. The SSA can require you to undergo one or more advisory exams if your medical information is inadequate or does not support your claim. The results of the exam would have a significant impact on the outcome of your claim.
- Failing to follow doctor’s orders — The examiner will ensure that you have been seeking medication and assess how well you have responded while evaluating your disability benefits claim. As a result, following the doctor’s orders for every care, including taking prescribed drugs and engaging in recovery, is important. Your disability application will most likely be rejected if you do not pursue the prescribed treatments.
- Not hiring an attorney — If your original application is dismissed, hiring a disability attorney to represent you during your appeal increases your odds of receiving benefits significantly.
Contact Our San Mateo Social Security Disability Claim Denials Attorney
When you hire a San Mateo disability denials lawyer at Pillsbury & Coleman, LLP, we will work hard to ensure that your disability benefits application is completed correctly and quickly. We’ll work with your doctor to gather the medical proof you’ll need to back up your claim, and we’ll arrange for medical and vocational experts to provide supporting information or testimony you may need.
Our San Mateo disability lawyer is experienced in conducting disability appeals, defending clients at disability proceedings, and meticulously preparing to try a case in federal court for disability benefits. When you work with one of our professional San Mateo disability denial lawyers, you can be assured that we will fight to protect your rights and get you the benefits you deserve. For a free consultation, please contact our office today.