Phone: (415) 433-8000
Fax: (415) 433-4816
Azin Jalali specializes in helping individuals who have been denied their disability insurance benefits. Insurance beneficiaries should not have to fight for their benefits when they are already battling with an injury or sickness. She is compassionate and attentive to her clients, while prioritizing thorough and successful results. In additional to disability insurance claimants, she also advocates for life insurance beneficiaries and long-term care claimants.
Since she joined Pillsbury & Coleman in 2017, Azin has helped overturn numerous insurance claim denials at the administrative appeal stage, as well as through mediation and litigation. She also assisted on an antitrust class action against a healthcare goliath that resulted in a nine-figure settlement and sweeping reform of its unfair practices. Her prior legal experience includes a wide-range of practice areas including patent infringement, construction, land-lord tenant, business and contract law.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- ERISA insurance
- Insurance bad faith
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- J.D., cum laude, 2010
- International and Comparative Law Concentration Certificate
- University of California, Berkeley
- B.A., 2004
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit